Saturday, January 22, 2005

from Deborah Meadows

[You might google Jackson MacLow, who died very recently...]

I'm so impressed by the careful and associative reading that involves a
varying array of intellectual and experiential references such as discourse
analysis. Yes, a look at the syntax level. A few comments below this one,
sorry can't scroll from the reply box, it may be useful for me to say that I
derived the poems from chance words, but not all the words,-- some come from
the first letter or syllable, some are read in reverse order, as varied as
possible, and there are words I introduce--so this is not pure-Jackson MacLow
style chance operations. Though I admire his questioning of self and
intention and his,somewhat contradictorily, machining the language as way out
of atman, it seems another way to consider the politics, the sensuality, the
philosophical investigations that can perform, revise, critique, and sometimes
sing the works.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home