Monday, January 31, 2005

late again, doh!

Greetings All,
Okay, so I just want to apologize for not posting sooner. I don't mean to slack, but my Grad Apps and important documents are due tomorrow and I'm slightly freaking out--I know it's not a matter of life or death, but getting into Grad School is my number one top priority at the moment, so please forgive.

Of course, I did have time to meditate on last monday's discussion about Meadows and the writing process she employed and I have to admit that I found the techniques offered in class to be...well....let's just say they were techniques I never would have thought of -- for instance, randomly picking out words from other texts, using words we see around us as our days go by, and the idea that we could glean from the material world as our source for creating poetrry...I don't know, I believe that for my writing process, the words or phrases I come across in the day seep into my writing unconsciously. Making an actual effort of gleaning pre-existing ideas, phrases, words in the creation of something new and engaging was a bit of a task. Of course, I tried it, but what came out was...hmm...strange, uncomfortable, unmanageable. I had difficulty with randomness; I felt as if using that techniqe was in a way forcing-feeding my creative flow. Maybe I'm not focusing hard enough. Any suggestions to the unenlightened? Should I have to appreciate this technique? Should I give it another chance?


-julia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home